My Ford Repaired at Ford Dealership and now problems?

I live outside of Birmingham Alabama USA and travel frequently to vacation and visit family in and around Hickory. Last July we rented a home on Sugar Mountain to attend the Scottish Highland Games on Grandfather mountain. Here begins my quest I am writing my casual reader about. The second evening there, there came an unusual storm called a "Micro Burst" which is high winds in the 75 MPH range. Several cars were parked in the drive and huge limbs were blown down onto 2 of the parked cars. My Ford Taurus took the brunt of the damage as well as a Prius parked next to my car. It took several days to get a wrecker or get State Farm to tell me just exactly what to do. We stayed on the phone for 2 days cancelling our plans but to get our car towed to SF desired location plus finding an available rental car that Monday to drive back to Birmingham. We got the wrecker Monday am and we found a Ford dealership in Boone, NC the closest we could find. We secured the car with Boone Ford and then were told by State Farm they wanted the car towed to Ashe County Ford, in West Jefferson, NC about 25 miles away. Boone Ford gave me a receipt for my car and assured me they would see the car was picked up properly as directed by State Farm. This did happen as planned and I called Ashe Ford and talked to the asst. Body Shop manager and he said they would have an estimate made for the State Farm adjuster. That happen several days later. I talked to Dennis at Ashe Ford every few days and then was told that State Farm totaled the car as it cost more than the car was worth to repair. I soon got an estimate from SF but was told by Dennis at Ashe Ford that the car was in excellent shape mechanically and they could fix it if I could wait maybe 3 months as they were covered up with cars damaged by the same storm. I could not move or drive the car as the windshield, roof, and back window were damaged so Ashe Ford was my only choice if I wanted to keep the car. To get your payment from SF if totaled you have to send your title to them, pay them the salvaged value $167.00 and you get the check to pay Ashe Ford for the repair. I did this and soon get my check and then a new or replacement title called a "salvage title" in Alabama.

Does anyone know what comprises a salvage title.  Well, it can not be driven on the interstate or state highways and only back or forth to the restorer!  Plus, you cannot get a "restored title" if the restoration was done in another state.  Here I have a car restored to almost like new condition and I cannot get a new tag in April as a salvage title cannot be issued a new tag! 

Here is my question?  My car was damaged in NC and repaired by the Ford dealer that does insurance repairs for State Farm and other insurance companies.   I have the estimate issued by Ashe County Ford in July and the finished repair cost issued by Ashe County Ford and I have the 2 checkes issued covering said cost.  Ashe County told me they could save me some cost as some panels can be repaired rather than replaced but would be done one technician who can do this type of repair.  Ashe County Ford saved me about #1,500 under the estimate given to State Farm. 

If you go the DMV in Alabama on the web you can see my catch 22 dilemma.  It looks like Alabama does not truest an out of state Ford dealer to repair my car properly.  I can assure the DMV I had no motor or frame damage as none are on the initial estimate given to State Farm.  All the damage was sheet metal, front and rear glass, and labor and paint.  I did get front brakes done when the mechanic who drove and road tested my car ask how many miles were on my front brakes.  For $90.00 they turned the front rotors and replaced the pads...I called my dealer in Alabama and said the estimate of car unseen would be about $150.00. 

If you have read this far, please let me know if there is any avenue open for me to apply for a restored title in Alabama to get a new tag in 2017...jbkcnutter@bellsouth.net