AT&T U-verse Cable/DSL/PHone/LD/

1/13/2008: am

Dear F & F and my casual reader,

I have had several cable companies and ISP but nothing really new. When I moved here in 76 we had one cable company then Bellsouth bought them. Then Bellsouth got out of the cable business and Charter stepped in, now for years.

I looked around, looking for something NEW! I read about a new fiber optics cable system that ATT now offers and typed in my zip code to see if it was available. It was, and just in the last few days.

I got a sales visit and read all what they offered plus the big kicker, all new cable system all through your house as well as outside. My experience with Bellsouth/ATT has been good with my DSL, so I decided to try SOMETHING NEW.

Plus you keep your old email address and everything is either ethernet or wireless and everything including my printer is now all wireless. Then the TV is all digital and HI-Def on the 40" Sony and the 19" Westinghouse in the bedroom. Plus, I now have hours of recording capabilities and can program shows to record automatically.

Plus, you can watch the recorded program on the other sets, just using the controller in and with each set. All this is interactive and Karen just loved it from the get go.

They now offer too, movies that are currently in the theater, but for a small charge and you can watch them over and over for the 24 hours after you select them.

Plus, the DSL is now ATT/Yahoo and seems to be faster than the Bellsouth I had powered by Google. Plus, the mail address migrated all my email history, plus addresses, everything migrated to the new but same ISP now powered by Yahoo.

Plus, the guys and gals from ATT were just great. In the 6 or 7 hours they worked on and in the house, I had Brian, Eddie, John, Windy (heard her, never saw her), plus Brad. I have never had that many people on ladders, in windows, working on my computers, all at virtually the same time trying to get me up and going as soon as possible.

Plus, they did as they said. They called at 7:30am, got here at 8:00am and left completed at 3:30pm with 4 TVs and 2 computers all running smoothly. Now that is a great jobs, so just call it a PLUS!

Jeff the knutt in the ham