Zune, Town & Country Ford, & Honesty

Friday 9/27/2008:

Dear friends and family,

You have read my story about my 80 Gig Zune being found in a Ford Taurus, a rental I had back in the middle of August. What are the chances you might get something left in rental car some 6 weeks later.

I called Town and Country in Bessemer to see if the service advisor Bonnie Kelley was in house. I talked to Larry, and he said she was busy with a customer but would be there until 6:00pm. It was 4:00pm and I told Larry I would be there in an hour and he too, like Bonnie was anxious for me to get my lost Zune.

I went by the bank and got some $cash$ with plans to give someone, that someone that found my Zune a $25.00 reward. Bonnie met me in the drive through with my Zune and headphones in hand, and with the biggest smile! I greet her with the money in a Regions bank envelope trying in vain to give "someone" this much deserved reward!

I understand what Bonnie said but now understand fully. "Jeff, I have a policy of not accepting tips (or rewards) when we return lost items to their owners". I tried hard to get her to accept his small gratuity of sorts, but she would not budge. I too understand how this feels for someone to reward us for something we do about the way we were brought up.

Bonnie and I talked a little and I ask her about where the car had been. It had been put back in rotation on their rentals and she could not say how many times this car had been out on rental. She knows it has been available for over 4 weeks and had been serviced and in the shop at least once. What are the chances a car goes through a garage, several different retail drivers, and none finding or being tempted to keep this nice mp3 player?

I want to compliment Ford and especially Town and Country Ford in Bessemer,Alabama and the character of their employees. Please make special note of Ms Bonnie Kelley and how nice she was to me and so very conscious in doing her job and taking total care of "this customer". Thanks Bonnie! Thanks FORD! Thanks Town and Country Ford in Bessemer, Alabama USA. Great team!!!
Jeff Nutter, Jr.
Vestavia Hills, Al USA