New 2008 Ford Escape "TAG"



You can see the new Ford Escape has the Town and Country Ford tag on the rear. I failed to inform you that this is a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned" almost new 2008. That said, it is a what is called a "program car", one that comes off lease early or traded in on a newer vehicle.

I had assumed the new 2008 tag for this car would be like on a new car, usually less than $20.00. What a shock I got yesterday getting the required Alabama tag!
Two hundred fourteen dollars and seventy seven cents. $214.77! Luckily I keep several $1,000 in my checking account to take care of everyday expenses, but this surely knocked a hole in my budget for August. And....I have to pay a whole year that expires April 2009, and that is not 12 months. Welcome to the tax happy state of ALABAMA!
Jeff the Knutt in the Ham