6.2 Neuton Battery Lawnmower

Tuesday July 1, 2008: am

Good morning friends and family,

I got something I purchased the first of June Friday, a fully capable, cordless, battery powered 19" lawnmower. I read about this and did my research and thought I would give this big boy a workout.

It is about 2/3 the weight of my 4.5 Briggs and Stratton gasoline mower it is replacing. I removed the 36 Volt battery and charged it 18 hours before Karen
and I attacked my yard Saturday morning.

Quiet, light weight, powerful, 36V 6.2Amp = 223 watts of power, and hums like a top.
The mower has great safty features with runs only when you depress the two releases below you fingers on the handle. Not like a gas mower that runs all the time pumping carbon into the air, the DC engine only runs when you need it or actual cutting grass.

It is advertised to mow for 45 minutes to an hour, running a 19" blade and collecting all the clippings into the discharge bag you attach. I have a 70 foot front, leading back about 100 feet, measuring 130 across the back. This, I guess is a medium size yard, or maybe average and cuts it without so much as a hiccup in about an hour.

Real time, or mowing time is when the motor is "actually" running. When you make your turns or run off the edge onto the drive or walkway, you release the handle and the motor stop immediately. If you know anything about the engineering of a DC powered motor, you get instant power upon starting.

The mower is well designed, low profile, light and as I have said quite powerful. It has a battery life indicator on the handle reading left to right in red/yellow/green with the indicator at full charge at the far right of the green area. In the hour or so I actually mowed the yard, it never got into the yellow! After finishing the front and side yards, I took it to the back and trimmed around my walkway and into a 200 ftx2 area approaching my deck and walk. It never even
got into the yellow when I finally finished almost 2 total hours of working in the yard, mowing maybe 35 to 45 minutes in real time.

I dusted it off. Pulled it into the garage. Attached the charger and now ready to do some more mowing in the back yard and edging the driveway and walk when Jeff recovers from this exercise last Saturday.

The Neuton mower did or better than advertised, and I now do not have to buy $4.00 plus a gallon gasoline and I think I will park my gas mower at the curb for the first taker or the garbage man. The gas one I bought before I moved here in 1976, with a briggs and stratton engine that performed like a champ for over 33 years and i guess time to retire.

I have some attachments for the new mower coming, a trimmer, edger, extra battery and blade, and a sharpener. The Oregon manufacturer told me they were 6 to 8 weeks behind filling orders so I was lucky to get just the mower and bagger as early as I did. I think it was about $350.00 and with all the other I bought, comes to just over $450.00 with free shipping.

It has a 6 months money back guarantee so I kept the box, broke it down, and stored in my garage. I will give it a further test and lets see if Jeff can outlast just one charge on the battery? When I get the 2nd battery, I may go into the lawn care business!!HA!

Jeff the Mower in the Ham