2nd Day

June 2, 2008

After some weeks of dealing with under-diagnosed pain source, I am literally afraid to say anything positive or change for the better. I had been on a regimen of pain tablets and muscle relaxants and anti-inflamatory drugs that were only keeping me from screaming.

A trip to the ER, 30 hours in the hospital, and a true exercise of my Medicare and Blue Cross benefits. I really believe accidentally they found I had an inflamation in the rib cage, the bones where they met in your sternum. This feels and acts like a heart attack, as the pain radiates down the bundle of nerves nearest your heart and that is down your left arm. Ouch!

Friday and Saturday the pain seemed to ease off just a bit, and I could only hope. Then Saturday night I slept 8-1/2 hours and Sunday it was only pain meds as needed, about 1/2 what I had been taking. Today was pain med when I got up and now 12 hours later, no hard pain, oh, it still aches a little but a little I can take.

I am really looking forward to going to work tomorrow, another first. I have looked for ways around doing things for weeks maybe months, and now, well, things could be looking up. Let's continue to hope this trend works and if so, you definitely will see more posts from this casual writer from the Ham....Jeff the Knutt