Sunspot

This is not my 'FREEDOM' letter but is one of good news anyone would like that has dealt with skin cancel pretty much all his life. I am of Scottish/English descent with a little Dutch thrown in for fun. That saying, I am very fair, freckled, never tanned all my life.

Little did we know back 40 and 50 years ago about how dangerous it is to get sunburned at an early age. You are setting the stage for skin cancer at later years, commencing on me in my late 20's and 30's. This last week, I noticed a freckle on my arm I have had all my adult life, and it decided in the last weeks to begin to change from tan to a purple/brown color with irregular edges. I showed it to Karen and she too said it had changed.

I called my skin doctor and she took a biopsy last Thursday and told me it would be Monday or later before we would know the lab results. My phone rang this morning, and the caller ID said "dematology plus". It was her nurse and good news. The biopsy was negative, determined to be a SUNSPOT with a bruise underneath.

What good news!!! I have gotten so many calls with the "Jeff, you need to come back in and let us take a little more to get a clear border!" Not this time. No stitches. No repeated doctor visits. Great news!!! Now lets hear from the mortgage company that they got the cashiers check I mailed about noon Friday.

Have a great day everyone, and can we talk? Jeff N