My Home in Bessemer, Alabama, USA

Dear reader,

My mom lived at her home in Bessemer, Alabama all her life, almost 92 years. She and dad moved into their home in 1936 and the house was built in 1926. How did they build homes during this time. Solid!

Three fourths of the house is built on 12" centers not 16" like they build them today. The house needs some cosmetic work, but is solid, and you can jump up and down on the floors and not rattle the collectables in the cabinets.

What have I done lately to the house? New roof, removing the old roof and 2 years ago I put a 30 year roof on the entire house. While doing this, I put new 4" gutters on the house. The roof was $2,800.00 and the gutters were about $1,000.00. I looked at the electrical network so I added a new house power box on the outside of the home bringing it up to current electrical standards. Cost for this almost $1,000.00.

The house does not have central heat and air. Why? My mom did not live all over the house and the floor furnaces and 3 window A/C's allowed me to program the heat and air to meet her demands and save $$$$$. I can supply average home expenses including insurance upon interest in buying the house. The house needs some cosmetic work which I will do or let you see what you want and what color fit your decor and let you do this and deduct that from the selling price.

I had a contract recently on the house and the attorney decided the day before closing that he wanted to 'low ball' me (and my brother) on the sale. Unethical in my book! We had temporarily took the house off the market and WE BELIEVED he was earnest in buying the house. It looks like now it was only a ruse to try to get us to give him the house, offering 15k or more less than the original agreement. Please do not respond to this unless you are earnest in buying and are accustomed to dealing with us honestly as we will with you. The Golden Rule applies in all transactions.

The asking price for the 3 bedroom, two bath home is $79,000. The house is sitting on one of two 60 foot lots and has a great play ground for a family with kids. I grew up there and all the kids in the neighborhood gathered there to play in mom and dad's great side yard 60 feet by about 180 feet deep. The house sits on a like lot.

Schools. The house is walking distance to Westhills Elementary School or Dunhams kindergarden through elementary school. Westhills is part of the Bessemer Public School system and Dunhams is a private school. I boys went to Dunhams when it was called "Mrs. Carroll's School". I recommend Dunhams with experience there, especially for little tykes that need loving care.

Bessemer is south west of Birmingham, Alabama and west of Hoover, Alabama. The area is growing with industries, car dealer ships, and hotels being built as we speak. Bessemer is 30 minutes from the Mercedes Benz Plant in Vance, Al and 95 miles from the new Hyunda plant in Montgomery, Al. The home is an hours drive of the Honda Odessy plant in Lincoln, Alabama near Anniston, Alabama. There are prefab manufacturing facilites surrounding the area suppling the multiple auto manufacturers now centered all over Alabama.

The home is near shopping areas, ie the Galleria in Hoover, a hub of shopping in a huge shopping mall plus the Patton Creek Shopping center expanding behind the Galleria. The are huge employment opportunities with Alabama having a less than 3% unemployment rate compared to the 5.8% national rate. So work is not hard to find in the surrounding area.

The medical centers are too multiple to list. Medical West is less than a mile for the home and is and expanding part of the University Medical Center in Birmingham. Carraway Medical Center, Trinity Hospital, Princeton Hospital, and Medical Center East are all huge medical centers that offer jobs published everyday in the Birmingham News.

We have the home current listed with Debbie Stallings with REMAX in Bessemer and she will gladly talk to you about the home, the house inspection, offer a tour, and give you a true insight and unbias opinion of the home and the area opportunities this great buy offers.

I am Jeff Nutter, the co-owner with my brother Jack Nutter. My home phone is 205.979.1898 and my cell is 205.401.5731. Please call me if you are interested and I will tell you about my 24 years of living at 513 Alice St.

Thanks for reading my post and hope this does not offend anyone posting this here. Jeff