3281 Alabama USA

I love this circle or cul de sac I live in. We called it a "deadend street" when I was growing up in Bessemer, Alabama. I think if these neighbors of mine knew where I grew up, they would not let me live here. But heck, only you guys who read this in NYC and California and you could care less.

How about that Evan and Amie that do the artwork on the Knutt character you see that they think looks like me. Just because I wear glasses, slender face and bald, they think this is a good likeness of me. When I look in the mirrow, I think of Van Johnson, Victor Mature, Jimmy Stewart, some of the handsome men of the silver screen of yore. I think I am just as good looking as they are or were.

Do they know my backyard is still in my backyard? That is where you keep it, do you not? I have one tree stump I have to go and investigate. I put some empty clay pot on the stump along with the saucer that goes under them. I don't do this in summer as it would be a breeding ground for mosquitoes but in winter it is a gathering place for all kinds of aninmals.

It began with a sort of bird bath but then the squirrels took up resident and now the cats look for dinner there. A neighbor said he saw deer in my back yard and at least one buck and he was 'snorting' up a storm. I have to be careful now just pulling into my driveway at night. You think I am kidding but you don't want to startle any deer in your head lights. I have hit one and one has hit me and that is two too many.

The neighbors have kept my leaves raked the last few week while I was away most of the time. Karen decided on the perfect gift to repay them. What are the folks that send the catalog with fresh fruit sent from Texas. We sent 4 of my neighbors 1/2 bushels of 1/2 Naval oranges and pink grapefruit. Plus we sent Karen's mom and dad and ourselves a full bushel. By the way, I have not had one today so this has only made me thirsty for a big, juicy naval orange. Bye for now....

Jeff the Knutt from the "Ham"!

Blogger Evan Jones

Come to think of it, we did notice a resemblance to Van Johnson and Victor Mature with maybe a little Jimmy Stewart thrown in, but the picture we had to work with was kind of fuzzy. We just did the best we could.  

Blogger Evan Jones

Oh, and Happy New Year!