Midgie at Ashton Gables 9/01/2006

Friday Sept. 1, 2006

Dear friends and family,

I wish I had a lot to say about mom today except she is OK. She had been up all day her attendant told me as she was coming out of her appartment. But mom was in bed, covers over her head and sleeping.

I had bought some fruit in individual cups and made noise fiddling around in her room and putting these in her refigerator. She pulls the covers up tighter over her head. I tell her I love her, and underneath the covers a voice says "I love you too!" But did she even look out? Nope! I guess I was in her room 30 minutes and I know I made enough noise to wake ME up!

The attendant came back and said mom had eaten her snack at about 2:45 but said she was 'cold' and wanted to go to her room. She said "there was nothing I could do to convince her to stay up here in the living room!" So I went with her to her room and she piled in bed. She told the attendant she needed a 'nap'!

So my reporting is just how well she is resting. The attendant has my cell phone number and she said she would call me if mom did not want to get up for dinner at 5:00pm. My phone did not ring so I 'assume' everything went OK the rest of the evening.

It was or is a 'slow' news day! But I made something out of nothing so blame ME....Son Jeff