Midgie, Bingo, New Walker, 100F

Sunday July 16, 2006

Dear family and friends,

Friday was HOT! Thursday and Friday in Birmingham the temperature almost reached 100 degrees fahenheit in the shade and we had an alert here to stay in if possible. I am so glad mom is where she is as I would be worried to death about her right now if she was at 513 Alice Street.

I should have written this yesterday but work, some side affects of hot weather kept me from sitting down and updating you on my mom, your grandmother, your aunt, and your sister. So here goes.

It is Sunday morning and how did my visit go with mom Friday! We played Bingo and came in 2nd with about 15 playing. Mom was in her room when I got there (of course) so we put on makeup, got a pair of earrings that match, found her a clean Zeigler apron and a cloth napkin and off we go.
Oh, I ordered mom a new walker. The one she has is OK but Invacare makes one that is red, collapsible (4) wheels for transporting, and it has a seat and basket, hand brakes, and a padded seat and back rest so mom can sit if she does not feel like walking a long distance.

We got to the parlor and mom and Mitchell and his daughter Terri sat and the 4 of us played Bingo. Mom said she was HUNGRY? I got her a snack and Boost from her frig and she gobbled this like quick time. I inquired with Austine about mom and snack time and yes, mom missed her snack at 2:45 and it is almost 4:00pm now? I fussed at them,,,,kiddingly of course, but she must have her mid-afternoon snack.

Mom did fine and I stayed until they cleared the game and they brought tea and milk for her supper. I told Delores, the LPN on the night shift to get her an additional Boost from the nurses station or mom frig so we can make sure she has those needed calories. I reminded Delores that mom is on a 'calorie count' as she lost weight back in Jan/Feb. and we are trying to get her weight back up to fighting weight. Delories made note on her care plan to remind the care givers of this important detail in her care.

Mom looked good, is happy, and I left her looking forward to dinner and Delores checking up on her big time. I talked with her pm caregiver and she too is on the same page. I may not see mom today, Sunday, as I am a little puny right now and driving is out briefly, I hope. I will call AG right away and find out how she ate last night and this am and will file a timely report for all of your concerned about mom's care.

See ya later,

Son Jeff

Anonymous Anonymous

BINGO RULES