Voices in my head

I know you have gone to bed and you cannot turn off your brain! Is that not annoying! I had written checks, balanced two bank statements, paid mom's bills, made projections on next month, my mind bouncing from one financial opportunity to another. Then my investment office at the bank calls and I have an appointment with him to move some retirement CD's as they are coming up on renewal!

No wonder my mind would not turn off and let me sleep. I get my small portable radio and put it under my pilllow to help me sleep, and there is DAVE RAMSEY will all these suggestions, financial suggestions on retirement and inventments. No credit card nor loan indeptedness except your home mortgage, cash, pay cash!

I am not promoting Dave's book or anything but he is right on target. If you pay cash or write a check for everything, you soon realized how much things really cost you. The credit card is terrible, as it gives you a false sense of financial ablility to spend! Like Dave suggeest, I only have my home mortgage, but recently bought a 'used' car (like Dave suggests), letting someone else take that big first and/or second years big depreciation. I have only one credit card but use it like a checkbook, keeping a register of purchases, and pay it "In toto, Net" when the bill arrives. I am just letting some processing center in NJ do my bookkeeping for me on purchases. The bank card processing company sends me a book type statement catgorizing and summing up all my purchases for my tax return...

So the voices would not shut down as I changed the station to a soft music station and soon my mind was humming along with a Girshwin tune. Finally....ZZZZZZZZ