Midgie: Glasses: Teeth:??

Well, it was a busy day! I tried to get to Ashton Gables earlier but Zeigler business, driving to Bessemer, checking on 513 Alice St., getting mom's mail, and eating my cheeseburger at Stadium Grill...ooops! Excuse me...but I only took 35 minutes for my lunch treat! All I needed was a small salad for dinner and I'm dieting as I used my fat calories through next Wednesday! But delicious! What a memory!

I was late getting to AG as it was about 3:45pm when I rolled up. They were playing games in the living room but no mom? I get to #137 and she is piled up in bed like she is retired or something. She rolled over, gave me a kiss and sat up greet her son.

"Mom, where are your glasses?" I went through the bed covers but no glasses. One of the residents helped me and when I got back from the nursing station, she found them UNDER her bed? Mom was seated in her chair, but I look closer....where is your lower plate? I find it in her cup in the bathroom? Now why does she have only one plate? The resident helping me is one from the pm shift and did not have mom this am so she is as puzzled as I am. But life goes on. I cleaned both her plates real good and put Fixodent under both so she can eat dinner OK.

I tried to get mom to the living room before the games were over, but Austine, the new activities director, had finished her activities for the group. But soon I got mom seated and we talked and it gave me a chance to check with the nurses there as to how mom was doing. All reports were OK, but still does not eat like they would want. I made sure they still had plenty of Boost or Ensure and that they supplimented this with her meals and snacks.

About 5:10, they start moving the ladies and men to the dining room and I had been sitting in one of the dining room chairs and they have rollers. I got mom to move into my chair and I rolled her into the dining room to join her friends. I got her walker, put her apron on, and soon just walked away. She was soon asking her friends questions and with her being hard of hearing, it was just that. Questions, but I don't think mom could hear most of their answers. But happy, content, and the LPN was there to give mom her pm meds.....bye, Son Jeff