YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S WATCHING?

YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S WATCHING? (A true story)

You never know who you might see and where if you are looking! Let me begin this story with the fact that a lady who worked for me caring for mom, had her son shot, not once but twice, and he, by some miracle, survived. This is how the story now unfolds.

The woman who shot my friends son, has been indicted by the grand jury but was released on bond where her niece put up her home for her release. When the trial was to begin, this person did not appear and the bail and the bond was revoked. Jefferson County then issued a bench warrant for her arrest.

There is a local newspaper here and her name and picture was published an award has been offered for her capture and arrest. Her picture has appeared on one of our local network channels much like Americas Most Wanted. Now begins my story.

My friend calls me yesterday and she ask if I was standing or sitting down. I told her I was sitting. She said she had some news, some good news, and I would enjoy hearing it. She begins by telling me she is driving to Birmingham to pick up her car that is being serviced. She is not in her car, so the fugitive in question, did not recognize the car my friend was riding in.

She said "Jeff, we stopped at a light at Center Street and 3rd Avenue North, and there standing in the parking lot was the woman the police were looking for. She told her friend who was driving to go around the block as my friend dialed 911. They switched her to the Birmingham Police department and she described the defendant and they responded with a black and white w/o using their siren.

The person they needed to catch by then had jumped into a car and the police gave pursuit and overtook the car and arrested the fugitive pretty much as my friend watched. She told me "Jeff, and she had dyed her hair, but now will never know who saw her and turned her in".

What a coincidence that the mother of the victim would see this person in a grocery/filling station parking lot on a given day and be lucky enough to get that person arrested. You never know who may be watching you, do you?