Midgie at Ashton Gables Sunday Feb. 26, 2006

Monday February 26, 2006

Dear friends and family,

I will give you a short recap of mom as of yesterday Sunday afternoon. She was sleepy and wanted to go back to bed. We talked just very little as she insisted on a nap. One of the resident assistance came by her room while I was there and she said mom was doing Ok and ate a good breakfast and lunch. She had a Boost and milk with each meal and according to her, she ate heartily. But mom told me she was hungry so I gave her another Boost out of frig and she slurped it down.

Mom talked a short while but soon she put the Boost on her bedside table and rolled over and pulled up her new cover Bobbie had put on her bed. It is Laurie's yellow comforter and looks pretty as a change for mom's room. I had bought some more Boost and fruit Saturday afternoon and so I labeled all this and replenished mom's refrigerator and took a dozoen of the Boost to the nursing station in the 'memory unit'. It is just behind mom's room and you have to have the code to acsess the door leading in. The nurse, Leigh, put mom's Boost in their refrigerator behind the nursing station but if you do this, you need to put mom's room number on each bottle with a permanent marker. A must.

I did not get to visit much with mom as she was asleep when I got back from the nurses station. I also bought 3 boxes of snack cookies for the nursing assistants and put these 3 boxes in their breakroom. They told me they used to have a snack machine but it was taken out. I ask sometime back what they would like and snack cookies fit. When I shopped for mom's Boost I got them 3 boxes with peanut butter and cheese crackers in individual servings so they would have a snack on their breaks. Just greasing the wheel a little for mom's caregivers. They all said a big time "Thanks".

I did not stay long and the RA said she would get mom up in maybe an hour. They do not want her sleeping too long during the day as she will not sleep at night. Mom seems happy and content now and sleeping softly when I left. She won't remember my visit but I do!....Love to all, Son Jeff

Anonymous Anonymous

Jeff, Im glad to hear your mom is doing good.I am a vistor at Ashton Gables ever now and then I enjoy visting people that are there.Im sure glad to know you think so much of your mom because some people that have family never go see them once they are in a nurcing home or a great place like Ashton Gable.Keep up the good work!!!