Midgie at Ashton Gables Feb. 15, 2006

Thursday February 16,2006 am

Dear Friends and Family,

Midgie was OK yesterday after my being away all day Tuesday. I had checked in with the nursing staff yesterday and both Kesha and Leigh called me back. She was eating well, sleeping at night, and doing her exercises and participating in social activities.

I got to Ashton Gables about 1:30, to see mom in between two doctor appointments. What did I do on Valentines day, break a filling flossing. I had big plans for more time with mom Wednesday but the 'dentist' took priortiy over my well layed plans. If it was not that, it would be something else, I guess.

I get off the subject, don't I? But if you know me, I have a complex mind and I talk the way I write, so I ask your forgiveness. So filter through my ramblings, and find out about the main subject of this episile.

I found mom in the beauty shop and I got there in great time to make s decision for the beautician. Mom needed her hair cut and a permanent, and I tried both of Bobbie's numbers but no answer. So I made a strateic decision and showed her how to cut mom's hair somewhat short and give her a 'tight' permanent that requires very little care. But DON'T tell mom you are cutting her hair! She will fuss, but I stayed and watched a while and mom did fine.

I ran into Fiona Cook, the activities director and she said she intercepted the mail from Amie Barrett in California. It is a 3 dimensial card, with a "Hi Midgie" on red billboard that pops up and a rising sunrise in the background. Beautiful. I brought it home last night to show to Karen and will figure out a way to display the card with everyone who visits mom seeing it.

I gave mom her Boost for her pm snack and sat a while with her while they were finishing up her hair. I soon had to tell her goodbye and go make a house payment on my dentist's home. All in all, the news on mom is good and improving. But her weight is still a concern, so keep her in your prayers. News at 11:00/Jeff