Mom, Bro Jack and Bro Jeff

How does your Sunday begin? Around my house it is coffee, getting the Sunday paper out of the yard, checking this 'puter' for email, then getting Karen up and important time together. This was yesterday and I was off to shower, shave and dress for Church at 8:30am. Karen is recovering from some tests Thursday at Carraway and bowed out for Church today. That is OK, as I have a visit to mom on my agenda and this would tie up Karen pretty much all day. She is not up to that yet!

SS and Church was very good but the preacher 'apostilized' some our members into his 6 week SS class called "What it means to be a Presbyterian!". Oh, that is OK but they even took some chairs out of our SS class! Everyone laughed when I complained about the chairs! Our SS chairs have a special meaning as back in early 90's we refinished all the chairs and had custom pads made for each that matched. That is another story but we swapped chairs out of other SS classes but that was to have the same design ladder back as some of ours were different. No one noticed this exchange we did so covertly.

I am wandering all over the place on this episle am I not? After Church, I drove to the grocery store and got groceries and few things for mom. I checked on her house, got her bills, and changed the heating and lighting. Everything was fine. I then drove back to Vestavia, got gas, dropped off 2 movies at Blockbuster and home with the groceries. I can now go and visit mom and it is not even 2:00pm yet.

I met Bro Jack on the parking lot at Ashton Gables. He pulled in right behind me? Good timing and the 3 of us enjoyed our visit with mom. Her cold is better but now having some hoarceness that goes along with the after effects of a bad cold. Jack and I neated up her room and I matched some clothes in her closet and put some fruit cups in her frig and a roll of paper towels on the roll in the bathroom.

Jack stayed until about 3:15pm when the minister and her assistant came to have Church at A/G. I sat with mom and we sang old spirtuals like 'old rugged cross' and mom knew the words and sang along with the song sheet provided. We even had Communion" together and for me, I was twice blessed, having had Communion today twice.

I took mom back to her room and got her comfortable before her dinner in about an hour. I told mom bye, as Karen gave me a list for the drug store and I still had some shopping to do. I did and and was home by 5:15pm. A long day and Jeff (Bro Jeff) got into sweats, a light meal, and soon slept through 2 hour shows in my recliner. Sunday is my busiest day of the week!...Jeff