Midge at UAB West #641, Thursday 1/26/2006

January 26, 2006, Thursday pm

Dear friends and family,

Mom has been in the hospital since Monday night January 23, 2006. I have been too busy to put anything her so below picks up last night when I was there. Read on...

Wednesday night I picked up her walker at A/G and 2 robes and 2 aprons for mom at the hospital. I laundered those Wednesday night and put all this in my car so I would not forget them.

Thursday I took some am time to recover from working 'hard' the last 3 days running a food show for the company. I don't like to talk about me but...standing on concrete, walking, working, talking almost non-stop for 3 days, it was time for some personal down time. I checked on the hours at the hospital for mom and called my boss and said I would see him Friday.

I ate lunch at the hospital cafeteria then back to my car and got mom things for her. I got upstairs and could see her sleeping in the lounge chair with a warm blanket, makeup, earrings, and all. I talked to Jackie Waters, her RN, and she helped me put up the things I brought for mom and brought me up to date on her.

Mom did sleep last night but has been pretty sleepy all day. Plus they did some further testing and gave her some meds, plus they are trying to adjust her meds to get her back to feeling good. She is eating well now at least 50 percent of her meal plus a boost with it. Jackie said she has had 4 boost already today.

Mom roused up a little while I was there but I only hugged her and napped on her shoulder. I took a hint from Bobbie yesterday and let mom rest and just rest with her. Trying to get mom to do something when she is so sleepy is a losing battle.

I stayed about 1 1/2 hours or about 5:00pm and mom was still sleeping. I kissed her goodbye and she told me she loved me. She nodded off back to sleep and Jackie said they will let her sleep until dinner.

Mom is comfortable and they are going to make her the best she can be. Keep her and all us in your prayers. Uncle Bill needs your prayers too. Bobbie said the last time I talked to her that he was doing some better too.

Love to all,

Jeff, Bro Jeff, Dad, and aka GRANDPA JEFF