Alabama 15-Texas Tech 13

Tuesday January 3, 2006: am

Dear family and friends,

Midgie seems to adjusting OK at Ashton Gables and loves mail, cards, and visits. Her address is at the top of the Northcutt-Nutter homepage in the scrolling news.

I went to SS and Church in Bessemer then by 513 Alice Street to check on mail and dry a blanket that I washed Saturday. Every thing was fine so it was off to AG.

I got there about 1:30pm and the door was open and I could hear mom talking to someone. Mary Crump Walker, one of the residence had come to visit mom and they were sitting and talking in mom's room. She was glad to see me and I found her some earrings, as she does lose or misplace them regularly.

I had gotten mom's Rx she had before going to AG and gave these to Donna, the RN, for the Medicine Chest to pick up. There is a charge for packaging these for AG but that is still a savings over their cost.

Mom and I and Mary visited for a while then went up to the living room where the snacks were almost ready. Mom loved the red and black blanket I brought and she had me place it across the foot of the bed. It was good visit but I only stayed about 1 1/2 hours. Karen had made my birthday dinner, a favorite of mine. Turnip greens, blackeyed peas, ham, and cornbread.

I told mom bye and told her it would be Tuesday before I got back. I knew home, Alabama football, and more good eating would interfere with my visiting Monday. Alabama won 15 to 13 over Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl with Christensen kicking a field goal in the last 3 seconds to secure the win. Mom I am so sorry but it will be Tuesday pm before I see you. I hope you forgive me....love Jeff