Midgie at Ashton Gables Sunday Dec. 11, 2005

Sunday December 11, 2005

Good morning Family and friends,

It was a busy day at #137 Ashton Gables Sunday. I had phone calls from Bobbie and Jimmy Saturday and all planned to visit mom Sunday. I got up Sunday am and talked to Jimmy driving to Church and he now was going to meet Bobbie and Laurie at the Galleria and go to A/G from there. Wonderful.

After Church I talked to Karen and she was going to see mom also. We are gathering a pretty good gang so far. I went by 513 to see if she had any mail, then gathered up all her winter clothes so Karen and Vicki could put together warm sets for mom. We had only a limited amount at Meadowood as her closet and bureau was very limited. I got all the clothes up and into my car, changed the heating and lights in her house and about 1:30 headed toward A/G.

Mother was a little overwhelmed to say the least with all the company she had. I must now add Jack and Vicki and that makes about 8 folks all there at the same time. Jimmy and Karen were sitting on a seatee outside her room as she had a full house. I got the clothes in and left this to the women to combine sets and get these in mom's closet.

Everyone soon left and I stayed through her scheduled church service at 3:00pm. It was nice having some private time with mom. I left soon after this was over and got home about 5:00pm. All in all, it was a good day for mom. She saw lots of people, got entertained, and seemed most happy to see everyone. Thanks guys and gals for coming to see our mom. She really now is settling in and hope this continues...Son Jeff