Midgie at Meadowood 11/1/2005

This will be a short report on mom this morning. I talked to Peggy and Ms Rebecca about mom but I worked until 6:30pm Tuesday. I sometimes can finish earlier or change my routine to go see mom, but I had burned so much time and neglected my job for quite a time. It all came to the top Tuesday. Like keeping house, no body notices until you don't do it! That was me Tuesday!

I did the most important thing I could do for mom yesterday that I could do. I prayed for her and for His guidance in taking care of her. We, the family, have a meeting tomorrow, Thursday November 3rd, to get a report from the doctors and nurses on what they see for mom now after almost 4 weeks at Meadowood.

Kathy sent a wonderful email response about some safety measures that can be put in place to keep mom safe and alert the NA (nursing assistants) that mom is moving off her bed or touches or possibly falls. Thanks Kathy, some great advise. There are patients all over the floor mom is on, that are there because of falls and broken hips and/or legs. They are in special chairs and recliners that give them some mobility away from their bed.

In closing, the NA and RN say the right words when talking about mom. Safety, is she safe? I talked to Jack Nutter yesterday and saw him the day before and told him I was impressed with this one feature that is accentuated there at Meadowood. We are thinking of home or possibly another facility that may 'seem' more at home than Meadowood. I am not voting for more days or weeks at Meadowood, but I hold off making any decisions until I hear and see the professionals Thursday.

Stay tuned...News at 11:00!!

PS: The Card. I got the mail last night and there was or is a tranlucent envelope with a blurred view of the beautiful card within. The envelope has a white circle in the center with MIDGIE c/o 3281. The return address is on the reverse in the center of the card and all is lettered in calligraphy. My friends Amie Barrett and Evan Jones in Paso Robles, CA have sent mom a beautiful card. I ask Karen if it was OK to open it as it was so tempting. I don't have to tell you her answer, do I? Amie and Evan are two friends who help me with the website I have and Amie did the computer graphics. Look at some of her work there at http://authorizeddealer.blogspot.com