My mom Midgie at Meadowood Thursday 10/27/2005

My mom Midgie at Meadowood Thursday 10/27/2005

Family and friends,

I did not see mom yesterday but talked to Peggy when she got there at lunch and a report back about 4:00 pm when they were downstairs in the dining room for Church! It was a good call and I talked to our Midgie on Peggy's cell phone. Peggy, fortunately, has T-Mobile as her cell phone provider as do Karen and I so it does not cost her anything to call me. I help Peggy with her T-Mobile bill to have this kind of direct contact with mom as she does not have a phone. Really mom does not need one, as she is not good on the phone. I kept the phone at 513 for you guys and calls out, not for mom to talk on it...another story.

Peggy said mom was feeling good, had a good P/T that am and she had walked for Peggy on her walker when Peggy can scare one up. They do not want a walker in the room with mom right now as she might fall if she attempts this w/o assistance. I spent the am finishing up about 5 hours of Zeigler business and have some to do this late am. But I take this time to write you and give you an update.

Yesterday I called VA, Meadowood (where she is), talked to the RN at Galleria Oaks, and the marketing director whom I just adore. The RN saw mom Thursday and yes, she will fit in at Galleria Oaks, but not at Parkwood on 150, nor The Park at Riverchase where I visited Thursday pm. I am using Peggy's time and Ms Rebecca's time with mom to do some serious research on where mom can be if in the next week we find she cannot be taken care of at 513 Alice Street, her home since 1936. We are trying!

Gotta go, lots of calls and visits today, her bank, moving some $ into her checking, getting some reports from her doctor David Barthold and the nursing staff at Meadowood.

I do have a one major gitch in things right now. Ms Rebecca who normally is with mom on Sunday and Monday will be off with some cataract surgery Monday. Midgie is open to anyone who chooses to be there any time during those two days as Ms Rebecca and Ms Peggy will be OFF. It falls on me, Jack and aunt Bobbie, so feel free to jump in either day. Mom would be so glad to see a new face.....I promise you that you will walk away with a blessing in your life. It is not hard as the staff does the work, she just enjoys the comfort of a familiar face, a loving face, of family or friends she knows.

Keep mom and the caregivers in your prayers.

Son Jeff