Mom and her Permant at Meadowood 10/24/2005

This is Tuesday am and here is an update on mom after spending the afternoon and early evening with her at Meadowood. I got there as she was finishing up her lunch and hopefully, she continues to eat like I am seeing today. At 513 Alice Street, she complained if the food was different from what she liked or expected! But here, she rarely complains and that is good. Oh, complain yes, but not about the food.

I had done her laundry the day before and picked up two more changes of day wear to hang in her closet. There is always a large clear bag of laundry every day. They change her into fresh pajamas, a fresh suit, underwear, everything after her bath that she gets everyday. Huh? A bath everyday? At 513, I was lucky to get her to take 2 or 3 a week. I guess they don't put up with the 'foolishness' I took and Peggy and Rebecca took at 513?

After some visiting and mom fussing about being there, I went to the beauty shop on the floor and Deborah was there and there was a line of women (and men) in wheelchairs waiting to get their hair done. I ask if she could take mom and I told her mom's hair needed cutting, a permanent, and the rolled up, dried, and teased a little. "I can do that" she said. When? "NOW".

I buggied back to 403A and Ms Rebecca and I got mom to the beauty shop but after much selling on our part as to "where are we going?" from mom. Deborah did all the above and mom was there about 2 hours or almost until dinner. I had signed up downstairs to eat dinner there and it was a whole $2.00. This is for caregivers who wish to eat with her wards.

Mom looked great. After 3 weeks away from the beauty shop, this was much improved over almost no curl in her hair and cutting about 3/4 to an 1" of hair, it looks now like a style we can keep easily. She did not tease it big time like Janet did and that is good as this style will look more 'kept' for a much longer time. Deborah would not let me pay her as she said she bills Meadowood and I pay them. OK.

I had dinner with mom and her room mate Judy. Mom was now in a better mood and I was able to get away without much fuss. Once I convinced her I would be back tomorrow, she said 'you have a key don't you, so please lock the door on your way out." Her mind slips back to 513 and maybe that is good. When this happens she is content with where she is and I can handle her.

Please keep mom in your prayers and write her. I have included all brothers, sister, and my brother and my extended Nutter family who Love Midgie. Please forgive my interfering with your privacy with mom's situation right now. Please let me know if you wish to be taken off this list. All of you have loved "mother, Midgie, sister, aka Grandmother. You are here for me, no, for her and my knowing you are there is a solace to me and gives me the strength to carry on each day.

Love to all,

Jeff

PS. Carolyn (Simpson) Watson came to visit mom yesterday and found us in the beauty shop. She is about 85 but looks my age...wow. She enjoyed seeing mom but when I walked her to her car, she cried. I have now lost 2 clean handkerchiefs given to 2 ladies that needed them more than I did. But a good visit for me and for mom.



Jeff Nutter, Jr.
3281 Tyrol Road
Vestavia Hills, Al
35216-4268
(H)205.979.1898
(C)205.401.5731
(B)800.392.6328
(VM)800.582.6328 x233