Midgie at Meadowood Saturday 10/30/2005

October 30, 2005: Sunday

Midgie at Meadowood, her 4th Week.

I did not have Rebecca nor Peggy today and will not have either Monday. Rebecca is off having some cataract surgery and Peggy is off Sunday and Monday. Mother, according to the weekend RN, Debra Alexander, mother cooperated OK and ate her breakfast without help and got her bath and clean clothes for the day.

Mother ask to call me about midday as she was going to church services there at Meadowood. Karen took the message from mom and she was fine just wanted to know where I was. I was dressing on my way and I called Jack and he was there already after church and was helping her with her lunch.

I got there about 1:15pm and she and Jack were fine and I got up all the 2 days of dirty laundry and headed toward 513 Alice Street. I put the clothes on to wash, put on eggs on low to cook to make mom and Judy some Chicken salad sandwiches for their mid-afternoon snack. I looked around and mom needed a few things from the grocery store, so I ran this errand while the clothes were washing.

I shopped, got her some 2 qt. size containers of 2% milk to put in the refrigerator in the hallway and put mom’s name and room number on the bottles. The clothes had finished washing so I put them on to dry and started making the chicken salad. I called and ask Jack if he wanted one as I was making 2x what I normally make so I will have salad for sandwiches for them for Monday pm. I finished all, packed up, changed all of mom’s lighting, made sure nothing was on or running and left.

I met Bobbie in the hallway on my second trip out to the car to get all of mom’s things in. I got the clean laundry hung, sorted, matched, and made sure all had her name in them. Bobbie and Jack and I visited as Midgie and Judy (and me) ate our chicken salad sandwiches. Jack left late afternoon and Bobbie left when her dinner came. I got mom situated, portioned her dinner like she likes it and I too needed to get out of there as it as now almost 6:00pm. I called Karen as I left and was home by 7:00pm.

Jack said he would be back out Monday afternoon after school and I will be there about lunch until Jack comes. I get the late morning shift today and brother Jack the pm shift.

Mom seems to be doing OK but no real progress reports on weekends as the people are flex pool and weekend employees only and they know very little about mom’s progress. I will be there today Monday October 31, 2005 and maybe more news tomorrow.
Keep us all in your prayers and thanks Laurie for the nice email response about mom!
Those keep us going!/love/hug/prayers/

Brother and son Jeff