91 and Met Me at the Door!

Wednesday is my dad at my mothers and beauty shop and errands. It is a full day but I never know what kind of day it will be until I get there and see what 'gear' my mom is in.

I call her one speed jokingly, as she is slow but a plotter and does get to her destination but only at her one speed. This can be frustrating to the impatient person but you have to set your clock or timing to coincide with hers or you will certainly be frustrated.

I got to mothers about 9:30am and did not see the paper on her front porch. This is a good sign or possibly a bad sign. Did she get a paper? Is she up and has gotten her paper? Today was the 2nd! I stepped on the front porch and the storm door swung open and there was my mom in her robe and Zeigler apron looking out to greet me. I told her to unlock the back door and I would get her mail. Looks like it's going to be a good day.

She and I had breakfast together with her eating heartily, I think her favorite meal. I finished before she did and then looked for a clean pressed suit for her to wear to the beauty shop. I found one I liked but wait, 3 buttons are missing and the pants hanging with the top doesn't match. I found the matching pants and set the outfit on the bed to see how it looked. OK, except for the buttons.

I looked in 2 of mom's jewelry boxes and no buttons. But in the center drawer of her dresser was a small cup and inside nestled 3 buttons, the exact buttons for the blue outfit I had layed out. I was running ahead of time so I got her sewing kit and found some neddle and blue thread and soon had the 3 buttons on one of her favorite outfits. I even had to use a safety pin or two to temporarily hold up a hem that had come loose. But now it is wearable and she is ready to dress,,whew, just in time.

Mom was dressed soon and we all piled in the Ford Taurus and away to Bucksville to the beauty shop. Janet had a cancellation this am and took mom right away with no waiting...Great!

We used the I/S20/59 to go back to 513 coming back to Bessemer off the Visionland exit. We were just blocks from her sister Barbara's home and I ask mom if she wanted to see her sister. We pulled into Bobbie's driveway and her car was in the garage. I called her on my cell phone and she insisted mom and I come in.

Mom had a nice visit with Bobbie and we had a good time. A good break in mom's routine and a chance to catch up on news with Bobbie. A fun time. I called Peggy and told her where we were and would be a few minutes late getting back to 513. Peggy is one of mom's pm caregivers and just loves mom and really takes good care of her. Rebecca the same, two wonderful ladies God sent me to help her stay at 513.

I got her groceries and Peggy helped me put them up. It was now 3:00pm and told mom I would see her Friday as I had outside work at home that had to be done. I called Peggy thursday midday and mom was doing fine. I got some raking and sweeping done outside and got my homestead looking again like someone lives here.

Friday I had a breakfast to go too and again Peggy filled in for me. I had a doctor's appointment at 2:45pm and called Peggy at 3:30pm when I got out. Mother was fine, and Peggy was going to a ballgame at 4:00pm and would go back and fix mom's dinner and Rx and help her dress for bed. She said I was not needed today and really if I got there Sunday, she would take care of mom Saturday.

I have rambled about my life, my mom's and her caregivers and I hope I have not bored you, the reader, to tears. But mom is the matriarch of the Northcutt clan and I think some of you just might want to know how Midgie is doing....I am glad you read to here...Thanks/Jeff, aka son, grandpajeff, and other that will go unsaid...