My Black Silk Sports Jacket

You are asking what if Jeff finding interesting about this subject? I would not be writing this log if there was not an unusual twist. I start off this by telling you I was shopping, shopping on Overstock.com. I needed to replace a dark gray sports jacket that had served it's time.

The black silk jacket was a Bill Blass jacket, and about $75.00 delivered. I looked on the same page and there were gray slacks, each my size, just asking me to put them in the basket. I ask Karen about a 'silk' jacket as I had never owned one before and did not know how it would hold up or if it needed special care. Karen said "go ahead, and if it is not what you want you can always send it back". So much for the prologue of how I came by this outfit.

I wore the outfit to SS and Church last week and it looked nice with a black tie with a red matrix design in the pattern. I even got one compliment from one of my SS members when we shook hands and he felt the softness of the fabric. So the jacket stood the first test OK.

Zeigler pays for my membership in the Executive Sales Club here in Birmingham and they have monthly luncheons at 'The Club' in Homewood. Food and/or perishable warehouses are featured each month and mine was this past week. I met two other sales managers in Birmingham at the Birmingham office and we all rode together to the luncheon.

Needless to say, the sales departments of many companies now have some nice looking young ladies. I am getting ahead of my story. Since this was my warehouse, it was mine to introduce my friends with me to the various VPs and managers at AG. I was pleased with that day as you know sometimes when you are on the firing line, your mind tends to go blank at the worse of times. Today was the exception.

The bottom line is a tall blond young lady with a Kraft name tag on her blouse. The luncheon has about 30 minutes of smoozing before where you get to see some of the people you only see once in a blue moon. I noticed this young lady and spoke to her during this interum. When it was time to find you seat I followed her and pulled her chair out for her as any southern gentleman would do.

The bottom line is she thanked me and ran her hand down the arm of the black silk sport jacket. She turned and only one word...."Nice" followed by a big smile. If you think there is more to this you have to just let you imagination run. We talked after the luncheon and she won one of the $25.00 door prizes. The friends I was sitting with smiled a knowing smile...."Nice"