Hate to Shop!

I am not a shopper! I hate the department stores and avoid the Galleria and the huge shopping centers here with a plague. But in my need to buy or replace some sport jackets or slacks, I decide to visit Overstock.com. Please...this is not an advertisement for Overstock as I shop Sears and Lands End and Coldwater Creek the same way, sitting here at this laptop.

But when success is in the mix, I wanted to share my experience. The first time with O, I needed a blue/black 44L herringbone sport jacket and was leaving for NC in a day or two. I found the jacket and it had a bill to, ship to address. I had it FedEx to Hickory, NC and the jacket beat me and Karen there! Wow!

I had a peacoat when I was in the Coast Guard and really loved it. I gave it to my son Jason when he moved to NYC and the winters howled around his head. He told me how much it meant to him when he chose to walk to work and/or take the bus or subway during the winter. This last spring O had a blue or black, 100% wool, peacoat on sale for less than $50.00 and $1.00 shipping. I got it in 5 days and it is just like my govermnet issue model I gave away too many years ago. I hate it that it as the weather here in the south is so very mild.

Recently, I was looking at sport jackets again and found a black Bill Blass wool and silk jacket, looked at it, and only $71.00. They offered gray slack, also Bill Blass, for $30.00. I got it yesterday and with a white shirt, black or gray tie, it fits almost perfectly. You don't get a top shelf outfit for about $105.00 delivered as I can't drive to the mall and shop for this deal.

I have had similar luck with Lands End and Coldwater Creek and all have great return or customer satisfaction policies. I was watching something with Karen this last week and there was Lauren Hutton hawking her cosmetics in a paid ad, I am sure. Karen loved the way it looked, and was looking to for a change in her cosmetics. I looked at the website indicated and her new LH makeup will be here in a day or two. I will do a follow up as to how she likes it.

Thanks for reading my ramblings this am. Have a wonderful week....and most of all "may God bless!"