Me, Mom, Jack and Life

I apologize for not putting something up in over a week? Where did all the time go? Sometimes my life gets so busy I am like a mom with kids pulling on her apron strings, and not knowing what is coming next. But that is the adventure of what we call "life". I keep reminding myself that this is a journey not a destination, so enjoy the ride.

I begin with last Sunday and being sleep deprived. I go to bed each night about the same time and read a while but when 5:00am shows on my bedside table clock, I am up! Alarm? One is not needed. Sunday or Saturday night was the exception. We watched some TV together earlier and being the weekend, it was maybe 11:00 or 11:30pm before we hit the sack. The next thing I knew it was 10:15am the next morning? I rolled over with sunlight streaming through my bedroom window looking for my sweet wife. She was in the living room reading quietly.
I ask her "what happen"? She said I was sleeping so soundly when she got up about 8:30am she just left me alone. I cannot remember sleeping that long, ever? Nature must have said,,,"Sleep Jeff, you need it! It is catch up time". Who am I to argue with mother nature?

The week was filled with all the events that change and illuminate our times, but only I was there. Walter Cronkite signed off with that and it seems to fit. I took care of Zeiger business, selling something everyday, handling 3 deliveries, and inventory of the warehouse on Tuesday. I was at mom almost everyday, skipped Monday as Ms Rebecca came in at 10:00 to give me a break. Mom is doing fine and I almost forgot one part or the real reason for writing this...Here goes!

We have a NUTTCUTT reunion planned this weekend in Gadsden at Uncle Jim's home on the lake. Nuttcutt is a combination of NUTTer and NorthCUTT names giving it a well fitted name for this gathering. I got mom to the beauty shop Wednesday and got her spiffy for the gathering. A big part was handled by my brother Jack and he
did a better job that I could. Sometimes you just have to give folks a chance! I had a conflicting doctors appointment for mom and one for me both at 10:30am Thursday so I called on him to fill in for me.

Here is what brother Jack did for mom and for me. He went out early and got her ready for the trip to the doctor and her report was good and she had gained 2 pounds since her last visit. He got some samples of Aricept that mom's takes for dimentia and the doctor gave him over $135.00 worth. Good job. He got all her Rx renewed and took mom to the Apothecary to fill two that had expired. He then went to the bank and got his signature and copy of his drivers license on some CD's mom has there. He then drove mom to a nail salon and got her nails done and then home about 3:00pm. He had a full day with mom and told me later how much it meant to him to do this for her. I told him what he has been missing. You feel good, don't you! He said, yes, better than ever!

He and Vicki had done one other thing I failed to mention earlier. They went to Steinmart and got mom two outfits for the reunion and he got her to try on both before returning the other. She now has a new outfit, hair done, nails done, and I called two of her brothers yesterday and let her talk to them in Gadsden. It
was so funny she closed with "I won't sleep tonight looking forward to tomorrow!"

You Go mom!