I Can See Daylight In My Garage!

My phone rang yesterday afternoon about 5:15pm. "Darling, where are you?"...My reply "I'm at home, are you on your way?".."Yes, but where is your car?...(long pause).."Jeff, it is in the garage, you DID IT! The first time in 13 years a car has been in the garage, how nice!..I'll be right in."

Yes Jeff finished the garage cleanup and neat up it has needed for over a decade! I was determined to sort through years of 'stuff' no one had looked at or will miss in over 10 years. This is not an easy task as the kids did leave some toys and memoriabilia that I do need to save for them. I had to go through numerous packing boxes and make a determination as to what they might want to save.

I still have several boxes of my sons Jason and Chris to go through. These have some toys like matchbook cars, star wars figures, and high school papers where they both wrote articles at different times at Vestavia High School. Jason discovered early that 'girls' worked on the VHHS newspaper so this was a good way to learn some social skills that only come with experience. It was nice to see him (and Chris) during these times in HS and working with young ladies on the paper. These Newspapers and Newsletters I am trying to sort and save for them.

The car looks good in the garage and I don't have to worry about tree sap or someone damaging it especially at night. I turn on the perimeter alarm on the house and can now forget about my newer car. And it will be clean and dry when I leave for work this morning. We will enjoy this too this summer as the car will be cool when we leave on a trip or just driving here in town. And come winter, frost and ice will be forgotten.

OK, OK now close this 'bugger' and get on with an interesting story. But you don't realize what an accomplishment this is or was for me. To see the car in our garage gives me a nice feeling I have not had in a long time..But that is ME!