3:15am...That Is NOT The Alarm!

Ring.......Ring......Ring......"What the hay is that noise?" I reach for the alarm and pound the nooze button, but nothing happens. I hear Karen on the phone," Yes mam, we can go and check on her, and will call you from her house!"

My mother has pushed her Medic Alert Alarm she had around her neck and the alarm company cannot get her to pick up her phone? Karen made the last run about 3 weeks ago when this happen, so it is Jeff's time. I am now washing my face with warm soapy water, rubbing my eyes and trying to get my body working at this unearthly hour.

But within 10 minutes, it is jeans, a clean T-Shirt, tennis shoes and grab my keys and wallet and kiss Karen good night again. It is nice to have the Ford in the garage and clean and I can get right in and hit the up botton on the control in my console and drive that mean boy out into the night. The drive to Bessemer, about 40 minutes was uneventful that time of morning except for a rain shower about 3/4 the way there. But I pull up in mom's driveway and the lights are on in her bedroom? It is 4:00am?

I let myself in and the speaker on mom's Medic Alert unit is howling? Now why can she not hear this? Another story? I check on mom and she is asleep in the green chair in her bedroom and it looked as if she had never gone to bed? I woke her and she appears OK and I then go to the den and tell the alarm company who I am and they can reset the unit as mom is OK. They ask if I needed any assistance, but I told her no, it appears mom has gotten her days and nights confused and all I needed was to get her to bed. They said thanks,and hung up.

I got mom into her pajamas, turned off all the lights in her bedrrom and got her into bed. I sat in the green chair in her bedroom for about 15 minutes and soon she was asleep. I eased myself out through her hallway and back to the den and left Peggy a note that mom may be a little sleepy this am as I do not know how much "real" sleep she got last night.

The drive back home was like the one there, the road pretty deserted that time of morning. Karen and I have made the last 2 runs to take care of this so brother, the next run is yours. Get a good nights sleep! Bro Jeff