Owner of 2004 Taurus SES

The last car I bought for Jeff was an Oldsmobile in 1971. Oh, I have bought 2 or 3 new cars and 2 or 3 used cars for kids, but Jeff has had a company car and this is somewhat of shock to me.

The car is very nice, really nice. It is Arizona Tan, leather, deluxe sound system with 6 disc changer in the trunk, security system, V6, 24 Valve DOHC (Double Over Head Cam)generating 210 HP. I did not buy the car for the power but it drives like a sports car and has the pep to get you going if you need it.


The weird stuff is the computer readouts you can get constantly in the middle of the instument cluster. MPG, Miles traveled, Miles to empty, hours and minutes since last fill up, and finally total miles. You can then punch one of three buttons and it gives you a read out of all fluid levels, giving you a short program with each indicating 'normal' level. An almost new car with only 18,100 miles should not require levels checked like I had to do with the Olds with 108,000 miles.

I did purchase one thing in addition to the 5/75,000 added warranty that comes with a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) vehicle is a warranty on the technicals in or on the vehicle. This was only about $4.00 per month addition but Jeff will not have to worry about ANY electronics going out that are outside the extended warranty on the car.

I have now driven it 3 days and it is a dream to drive. The road sounds are almost non existant! You put on a disk and listen to Jim Croce or Carol King coming softly through the 6 speakers. The electronic warranty 'also' cover the radio and Jeff has got to have his 'tunes'....

We are giving the car a good workout tomorrow driving about 450 miles to Karen's mom and dad in Hickory, NC. Looking forward to seeing the Clark family and to see what kind mileage I get all on the I/S. Right now with mixed driving here in town, the computer says I am getting 22.4. I should, should, get 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 on the I/S. Pick a number...LOL.