My Life Is NOT boring!

I have not heard from you in some time but then again you have not heard from me and Karen. So here goes, a short note of 'goings on' in this Nutter family.

Karen has a pinched or disk problem at C4/C5, a whip lash injury of sorts, she gets pain proceducers for from Dr. Bradley Goodman at MCE. He did 2 facet blocks and 2 cortisone shots last Monday and worked a 1/2 day Tuesday, wrong! She talked to the doctor and he said for this to work, she needed to rest. She has been off all this week doing just that.

We have heating pad and those bean bag therapy bags you heat in the microwave and I have kept this on her neck for the majority of the time she is resting. She said this am that the spasms in her arm and upper shoulder are receding and she is feeling some better, really looking forward to going to work next Monday. We plan to continue this rest and therapy this weekend. No lifting, no vacuuming, mopping, clothes, etc, just get well. May be wearing the cleanest dirties in the hamper before I get clothes washed today...kidding!

I changed my work schedule around taking care of her and mom. Once I got Karen settled in on the sofa or in the recliner, I put in a shift at moms but made it as short as possible. Mother is OK, took her to the beauty shop Thursday and she did fine and always seems to feel better after this trip and getting her hair all puffy.

Anyway, the bottom line is we are fine, Karen feeling better and mom doing OK. Jack Nutter had to make a run to moms night before last after she hit her alarm she has around her neck and alerted the Baptist LifeLine that called us. Jack said she was fine, still dressed at 10pm, apron, piddling around in her kitchen. She did not realize she had hit the alarm around her neck and had not hung up her phone correctly. I had put in 8 hours earlier Thursday so Bro Jack made the pm run. I talked to Peggy Lewis, her pm caregiver, about this and she ask if we would call her in the pm, she would go to moms and see if she is OK and reset her machine. Thanks.

Anyway, our life is not boring! Mom keeps us all on our tiptoes and throws a curve every now and then. I could never hit a curve ball...Jeff and Karen