Where Do I Plug It In?

I am practicing plagerism when I tell something that happen to someone else, or is it my literatary license to do just that? I am looking in my wallet right now. Wow, it expires April 2005. I have got to remember to get that thing renewed or I will be writing without a license? What is the fine for doing that? On with my story, or her story...

My good friend who works for a home improvement store is a well spring of stories in her dealing with customer who are not just real sure about what they need. A very nice gentleman came in last week, dressed immaculately, and a wonderful command of the king's english.

Do you work in home improvements? Yes, was her reply and how can I help you? He said he wanted to equip his home with a external power supply so he would have heat and lights should the power go off for any extended time. She showed him some 6 or 7 units they had for sale but really needed to know some particulars about his home, size, equipment, etc. The home he said was 19,000 square feet, swimming pool, deck with extensive lighting, security system and on and on with digital movie theater and surround sound.

She then said he must have a large home and since it was a tri-level home that it would take two of the larger propane house power units to supply this home with adequate power should he lose power. They went on with other detail and he agreed to the purchase and installion of the two units she recommended. She assured him that their installer would advise him if he needed additional power if the need was greater than he indicated.

The sale was completed and my friend handed him the final paper work and a day and time the installer would arrive at his home. She said "now do you have any questions?"...He thought for a minute and at first said No. He spoke up and said "Oh, yes, one question? Will the installer show me which plug outside my home to plug this into to get it to start running?"

PS. She first thought he was kidding but he was not smiling! She then gently informed him that the power now came from the unit powered by propane that now supplies power to his home not the other way around. He just had a senior moment, I guess! She had a hard time telling this without chuckling out loud. One of our SS class did not get it, so he is not alone.