DAY OFF

I remember when working or when I could really dedicate a day as a day OFF! I remember in years past, what that day meant to me and my family. It was getting all the errands run, chores done, cleaning the house and the yard, and opening up the weekend to time totally evolving around my children. Ah, what good memories.

I don't know how much my kids appreciated that time but it was time for math team, football practice, piano or cello practices and "their dad" was there. I know their mom would have liked to have been there but nurses or RN's work all kinds of hours and shifts and that usually involved working weekends. Oh, sometimes the weekends were her choice as they paid a higher per hour rate for weekends and nights. So this meant she had to sleep during the day or rest for those weird shifts, but it helped pay the bills.

I think at times how much my 2 boys appreciated all we did for them growing up. Dad here, did not make huge amounts of money but in my 42 years, I never missed a payday. Not ONE! I know that may not be much to brag about but when you have bills to pay they can pile up big time when that paycheck is not direct deposited each friday. I think now how much a company car meant to me. WoW! I took it for granted for 40 plus years with someone else paying the repairs, gas, upkeep, insurance, and replacing when I wore it out. Now these expenses are coming out of my pocket and I figure now that company car alone was worth over 10K a year to me and my family. Their mom made more disposable income as it is now with my wife Karen, Jeff pays all the bills and car insurance enabling her to pay for things for the house, clothes, and groceries we generally each pay about 1/2. So much of her salary is saved as is some of mine.

I am rambling all over the page today and did not stay on the subject at all, did I? Today is Saturday and it is another day of taking care of my mom, soon to be 90. It is about a 1/2 day, 7 days a week as I find no one else has the time Jeff has? But she is mom, enough said.

I will not bore you with more of these disconnected subjects this morning. I am so blessed with good health, a loving wife and extended family on both sides. My Clark family thinks of me as one of the kids, a great feeling included in great family. Talk later guys and gals....
Jeff N from Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA...."W".