Authorized Dealer

Authorized Dealer of What? Not really anything! Except the perishable foods company I work for and retired from after 42 years in the sales game. I tried full time retirement for about 2 years and decided this was not ME.

I was the Authorized Dealer of our products to some key accounts in Birmingham, Alabama and made a deal with the company they could not turn down. My company had called me several times over those 2 years asking if I was interested in working a couple of days a week. But the deal was all in their favor and did not favor this "authorized dealer" that managed some part of our business for those many years.

I had lunch with the powers that be but still no agreement. My wife told me a time later to write them a contract and find out how bad they want you back. We worked on the proposal for 2 nights and I called the VP one morning and told him to check his email for a .doc attachment and see if this met his needs. I got the shortess email reply I had gotten ever! "When can you start?"....End.

So here is your authorized dealer again managing ONLY a major warehouse in Birmingham and working mostly from my office at home. Nice. Amazing how much business you can do by phone, email, fax, post-it note, and snail mail. Give a reasonably smart person a good job or task and he will figure out a way to do it easier and in a shorter time span if you leave him alone.

I am now self employed, brokering my time back to the company at a rate I can live with. That with an expense check each week, I am enjoying selling again. Thanks for reading this far as this is my first post and new at this. Later.....News at 11:00...Jeff